Wednesday, March 2, 2011

{new girl in town}

Helloo blogoshpere! :) My name's Betty, I'm 14 years old in the 8th grade and live in the slowly but surely growing city of Raleigh, North Carolina! But I'm no southern belle, that's for sure! First things first, fashion isn't just a hobby for me, its a lifestyle that I live and breathe every single day! My life just isn't complete without it! Some people may express themselves through singing, dancing, or painting but I express myself through style, it's my ultimate sweet escape. I dream about becoming the next Grace Coddington or Rachel Zoe, I've literally sat in front of my mirror and pretended I'm in an interview with Anna Wintor! So I think I'm something beyond obssessed... But one day, this obsession will become reality and I'm determined to do anything to achieve them! One major reason I started this blog, was to be able to relate to people who are as passionate about fashion as I am! When you're 14 living in Raleigh, North Carolina, avid fashionistas are few and far between! The furthest fashion goes among most of my peers is Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, or Aeropostale! Although, their are the rare few (who just happen to be my best friends!) who break out of their comfort zone at Forever 21! Sure, most girls have a good eye but about 99% have even the slightest clue who Karl Lagerfeild even is! (The remaining 1% being yours truly!) I can only imagine of a day when I can go to school and rave on and on about Sarah Burton's debut collection for Alexander McQueen or Katy Perry's cover of ELLE! So I guess my Forever 21 lovers will have to do for now, but at least I'm here to snap them out of their sartorial daze and show them what real style is! Its about bringing out what's inside of you out for all the world to see via ruffled chiffon tops, floral-printed shorts, and metallic espadrilles! Anyhoo, I'm mad excited about this blog and I hope it takes my fashion journey to places its never been before! So there's alot more coming your way...I'm planning on posting lots of pictures, posts on the unfortunately past Fashion Week, the current amazing awards season, and much, much more! Now I have to get back to packing for a impromptu trip to DC tomorrow...gurr. Byee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment